Issue 8 of TRAIL in stores and online from September 2013
Subscribe to TRAIL in print format from September to November and if you’re the first of 50 subscribers, you will receive four 32Gi Foodbars to the value of R100. All subscribers will receive an inspirational ‘Share Our Passion’ trail running DVD from mountain brand Salomon.
And this is what all TRAIL readers will get to enjoy reading…
Articles in TRAIL 8:
- Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve is a trail gem south of Johannesburg that gives folks from the big city a fantastic opportunity to run among the flora and fauna of this picturesque park.
- Our experts (including Ryan Sandes, Robert Boeder and Braam Malherbe) discuss running at high altitudes and Sean Wisedale shares his seven rules for athletes tackling high altitudes.
- Jack Davis recounts his injury experience, ending his Comrades 2013 aspirations and resulting in 21 stitches and a life-changing attitude to safety on the trail.
- We introduce posture therapists Jen Rorrison and Ian Waddell. Their insights and tips explain how good posture can keep your body better aligned, resulting in fewer injuries, keeping you on the trails for longer.
- We dedicate five pages to educating you about sun damage and what you need to know about sunblock, how to protect yourself and building a natural protection against the sun’s rays.
- Cross-training often complements the muscles used for trail running and often enhances them. This helps to develop your strength, endurance capacity, efficiency and flexibility to become a better runner.
- Beetroot is in the spotlight – and for good reason. Expect your views on this root vegetable to be changed by discovering the unexpected health benefits of adding it to your diet.
- Discover the beautiful adventure island of Mauritius, with TRAIL founder Deon Braun totally surprised by what he found there while running the 50km Dodo Trail Xtreme.
- Profile on local talent and champion trail runner Tracy Zunckel in her Drakensberg playground.
- Lovers of gear will be blown away by our 10-page Gift Guide: Perfect for those looking for the ideal Christmas gift for the trail runner in their life.
- Cole Stanton and Andrew Wesson reflect on their experiences tackling the Fish River Canyon Ultra race, a grueling but magnificent 100km event.
- Katya Saggot reflects on trail running’s bright new star: paddling convert Robyn Kime who has enjoyed an exceptional start to her running career.
- Regular columnist Kevin Light muses trail running over flint and stone. Another excellent read lies in store.
- Product tests New Balance 1010v2, Fuelbelt R2outdoor, Headsweats Supervisor, Compressport Trail Running Shorts and more.
- Book and DVD Reviews: Kilian Jornet’s new book ‘Run or Die’ with a chance to win one of five on offer. We also re-visit Braam Malherbe’s ‘The Great Run’ & view Joel Wolpert’s new short film ‘In The High Country’ described as a visual essay about life in the mountains.
- SA’s most up-to-date trail running calendar with 59 events until the end of the year includes information relating to difficulty.
TRAIL magazine became South Africa’s first print publication dedicated to the booming worldwide activity of trail running in December 2011.
Since then it has enlightened its growing readership with the best places to run, the most suitable gear and the most popular trail running events from every angle; visiting the Himalayas, Sahara Desert, Amazon and many local trails, including the famed Otter Trail Run and the arduous SkyRun.
A quarterly, TRAIL retails for R39.95 (print) and R25 (digital special rate) and is available in one and two-year subscriptions (R130 for a year). TRAIL is available at CNA, SPAR, Exclusive Books, Sportsman’s Warehouse, selected Dis-Chem stores and specialist sports retailers nationwide. Sign up for a year’s print subscription to TRAIL magazine and save R30 on cover price. Pay R32.50 per mag instead of R40.
The digital version is available at Zinio.com download for iPad, Android, iPhone, laptop and desktop devices at R25 for single copies and R130 for four issues (one year), TRAIL is also available through Magzter and Apple Newsstand.
WIN with TRAIL
Visit our competitions page and get yourself entered into this fantastic draw:
- Win 1 of 5 copies of Killian Jornet’s latest book “Run or Die”
Congratulations to our Three Cranes competition winner:
- Daniel Alexander
Contact us for further information:
Editorial submissions and letters (Bronwyn Sheppard) email@example.com
Subscriptions (Liesl Braun) firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising (Deon Braun) email@example.com
Marketing, Strategic Alliances (Deon Braun) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated website coming soon.
TRAIL now available through discovery/mall
Members of Discovery Vitality’s rewards programme are now able to read popular fitness lifestyle magazines TRAIL and Go Multi at reduced rates through discovery/mall.
Vitality members get a 37% discount (TRAIL) and 40% discount (Go Multi) on the regular cover price through discovery/mall at www.discovery.co.za.
A quarterly, TRAIL magazine appeals to South Africa’s growing tribe of trail runners. Featuring health, nutrition, adventure and a three-month event calendar, there’s something for all trail runners in every issue.
Alternatively, be part of the movement with an annual subscription to TRAIL magazine.
Sign up for a year’s print subscription to TRAIL magazine and save R30 on cover price. Pay R32.50 per mag instead of R40.
And when you do, you get the right to secure other products at prices the retailers can’t even buy at. Or subscribe to the digital version at Zinio.com – hit the red button now! Subscriptions will start from the current available issue.
When you subscribe to the digital issue you get:
- A year of the mag (4 issues a year. Available locally or internationally)
- Digital edition for iPad, Android and more at www.zinio.com – four-issue subscription for R70 or single issue for R20 inc VAT.
Issue 1 Cover: Victoria Peak, Western Cape. Runner Eric Tollner
Buy single print copy now