Trail friends, you’re going to love issue 10 of TRAIL.
It’s on shelves from until the end of May 2014.
Here’s what you’ll get from reading issue 10:
- Coach Mauritz Jansen van Rensburg shares a varied, fast, no fuss workout that will not only take you less time than your current efforts but will have you running faster in two weeks. Think fun, varied, effective. There is no reason you cannot run faster this year if your body is still willing and able – and this is how you will do it! Try it and if it doesn’t work for you, send your mag back to us and we’ll refund your cover price money.
- Paleo nutritionist Sally-Ann Creed and best-selling vegetarian whole foods author Mary-Ann Shearer share their favourite meals and daily eating plans for the low carbohydrate, high fat Paleo diet versus a vegetarian one. There is something here for every food lover.
- Sixteen of the latest and best hydration packs and six top nutrition products feature in the annual Hydration Guide. Practical tips to use your pack make this a must-read feature.
- Glenn Macnamara asks whether we’ve become a generation of unsuspecting sugar addicts and his list will make you think twice about what you’re eating in future.
- Michelle Carnegie discovers that B’sorah in Gauteng is ideally situated for Joburgers as well as Pretorians.
- Creepy Crawlies are a fact of the trail and we look at some of the dangers as well as the damage control options open to you should you get zapped. Take home tip: be prepared when you’re running in isolated areas.
- The small but potent chia seed is our superfood of choice this issue – and for good reason. Bianca Harper shares some great recipes for this versatile and super-nutritious South American seed.
- Forge ahead into the year with eight pages covering 48 events from March until May, including an international listing of the best events.
We share your views on your favourite events of 2013 over three pages.
- Yoga instructor Helen Weaver enthuses about the benefits of Half Pigeon to unlock tight hips and help you run looser and faster. Try it, it looks complicated but once you follow the step-by-step photos (by Anthony Grote), you’ll want to keep working at it. Let us know how it works for you. It definitely works for our team.
- Equipment is an important part of making the offroad experience an enjoyable one. This issue features our first-ever Cap Guide. Keep the sun out of your eyes, protect your face’s skin and scalp, retain body heat in cold weather – it’s a no-brainer to always be wearing a cap
- Product tests include bleeding (literally) to give the Luna Mono sandal, developed by Born To Run’s Barefoot Ted, a truly thorough test. More than 200km later, we have the pros and cons of running in Tarahumara-style footwear. Oh that we do! You gotta be tough, is all we can say here. Now, who’s got the Dettol?
- There’s a lot more in the magazine but we think you’ll enjoy discovering what it is with your own copy. Happy reading!
About: TRAIL magazine became South Africa’s first print publication dedicated to the booming worldwide activity of trail running in December 2011.
Since then it has enlightened its growing readership with the best places to run, the most suitable gear and the most popular trail running events from every angle; visiting the Himalayas, Sahara Desert, Amazon and many local trails, including the famed Otter African Trail Run and the arduous Skyrun.
Buy or subscribe to TRAIL
Now a bi-monthly (from March/April 2014), TRAIL retails for R45 (print) and R30 (digital special rate) and is available in one and two-year subscriptions (R195 for six issues, one year).
When you subscribe in March and April you’ll get:
- Entry into the draw to win a TomTom Runner GPS sports watch worth over R2200 (you get double points when you enter the obligatory Reader Survey).
- A 32Gi Foodbar worth R25 posted to you (or given to you at Two Oceans Marathon Expo in April)
- Entry into the draw to win a R5,000 LED Lenser X21R torch, that puts out a whopping 1,600 lumens of dazzling light from seven adjustable LEDs (that’s brighter than the average car’s headlights. The Batmobile doesn’t count, OK?!)
So where do you find TRAIL? SA’s first trail running magazine is available at CNA, SPAR, Pick n Pay, Exclusive Books, Sportsman’s Warehouse, selected Dis-Chem stores and specialist sports retailers nationwide. Sign up for a year’s print subscription to TRAIL magazine and save R75 on cover price. Pay R32.50 per mag instead of R45. And get the benefits above. It’s a no-brainer.
The digital version is available at Zinio.com download for iPad, Android, iPhone, laptop and desktop devices at R25 for single copies and R195 for six issues (one year), TRAIL is also available through Magzter and Apple Newsstand.
View the old-style static mag (issue 9) on the App Store here. New issue (Mar/Apr 10) will be designed for iPad, available from Mon 24 March 2014.
Contact us for further information:
Editorial submissions and letters firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscriptions (Michael Campbell) email@example.com
Advertising (Deon Braun) firstname.lastname@example.org
Download TRAIL magazine print rates card PDF
Marketing, Strategic Alliances email@example.com
- Pick n Pay (NEW: 150 stores trial from Mar/Apr issue)
- Exclusive Books
- Sportsmans Warehouse
- Petrol stations (BP, Caltex, Sasol)
- Runner Group
- Specialist running, multisport and outdoor stores
Alternatively, be part of the movement with an annual subscription to TRAIL magazine. Or subscribe to the digital version at Zinio.com – just hit the red button now! Subscriptions will start from the current available issue (10 March for the release of issue 10).
When you subscribe to the digital issue you get:
- A year of the mag (six issues a year. Available locally or internationally)
- Digital edition for iPad, Android and more at www.zinio.com – six-issue subscription or single issue.
Download TRAIL magazine print rates card PDF.
Download TRAIL ad sizing booklet.