Knysna Trail Clinic is a fun, powerful, and practical one-day trail running clinic to improve your training, nutrition, gear, technique, and strength. Learn fast from top trail runners, and take your running, fitness, and health to new levels. Receive great products from world-class brands.
Knysna Trail Clinic will be held on Thursday 13 July 2017, starting at 9am.
Venue is the beautiful Simola Hotel Country Club & Spa just outside Knysna.
One Knysna Trail Clinic attendee will win a pair of Brooks Cascadia 12 trail shoes worth R2,399 (or another Brooks shoe model available in South Africa, to the same value*).
Cascadia 12. Brooks’ most versatile and beloved trail shoe is now even better. Brooks refined the stability system to be more flexible, allowing you to feel more agile on the trail without sacrificing the cushioning and protection you’ve come to love from the Cascadia. See Men | Women models.
Among others, hear life-changing insights from Team Sanlam Painted Wolf captain Mark Collins, George-based coach Mauritz Jansen van Rensburg, personal trainer Rob Hill (strength session), and TRAIL founder Deon Braun (nutrition tweaks).
Learn from the experts during a 60-90 minute long run (split into groups to cater for all abilities).
Your day of fun and learning will end at 5pm, when a pair of Brooks Cascadia 12 shoes worth R2,399 (or your choice of Brooks shoes to the same value*) will be won by one lucky attendee. A light lunch and refreshments during the day are included in the price.
For those keen to do a night run, we’ll do an optional 40-minute session in the plantations around Simola, starting at 5:30pm.
*Balance between this value and a lower value shoe is not redeemable in cash.
- Date: Thursday 13 July 2017
- Start: 9am to 5pm (with a short lunch break)
- Cost: R900 (early booking fee before midnight 1 June 2017), thereafter R1,200.
- Bring: Trail shoes, trail apparel, track suit, fleece jacket, comfortable social clothing, toiletries, towel. There are shower facilities below the lecture room. A wind or rain jacket and cap/beanie is recommended as it could well be cold, windy, or rainy.
What you get at Knysna Trail Clinic 2017:
- Expert coaching
- Healthy and tasty lunchtime meal at Simola
- Dirty Boots booklet
- TRAIL magazine back issue (value R40)
- Draw to win Brooks Cascadia 12 trail shoes worth R2,399.
Early bookings (by 1 June 2017) get:
- Nuzest shaker (value R40)
- Nuzest Good Green Stuff sachet (70+ organic, plant-sourced ingredients, value R20)
Book today! Seats are limited to 25 by the size of the lounge area at Simola.
Q: How much practical running we will be doing and how technical will it be? Will it be OK if we use our road running shoes?
A: You won’t run too far. Count on 7km max – at a pace that you can manage, with regular stop-starts to stretch, discuss the training being done, and to regroup. Road shoes will be adequate in most sections, even if it rains.
Got other questions? Email email@example.com
— Brenda Casey (@brenda1casey) March 14, 2016
Interested in Knysna Trail Clinic, but not sure you’ll make the 2017 edition? Sign up onto our Clinic newsletter list via our secure SurveyMonkey questionnaire. Answer a few questions and add yourself to the Gauteng, Knysna, or Cape Town list.
No matter what your skill or fitness level, this is an ideal opportunity to learn valuable lifestyle and training tweaks, which might save you days, weeks or months of trial and error or injuries. You will gain from it whether you’re a newcomer to the offroad lifestyle from the road, or have been running trails for several years, but feel you have reached a plateau.
— Harrismith mtn Race (@HarrismithMtnRa) March 14, 2016
- SMS Deon Braun 082 377 4669
- Online We’ll let you know as the trail clinic itinerary grows, including more experts, activities, lessons, topics, and the venue. Be sure to follow TRAIL mag’s social media persona TRAILza on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date.
Comments« Back to Events