Port Elizabeth Trail Clinic
Learn from top runners and lifestyle experts at the first Port Elizabeth Trail Clinic on 6 and 7 October 2018.
This is a fun, info-packed two-day trail running seminar. You will benefit from high quality indoor coaching, practical strength classes, and challenging outdoor run sessions.
Venue is beautiful Baakens Valley in the Port Elizabeth metro. The exact location is still to be confirmed.
Coaches include three-time Addo 100 Miler finisher Andy Wesson, Trailbusters gear expert Bradley MacKenzie, Otter African Trail Run top 10 finisher and Addo 44km record holder Mvuyisi Gcogco, biokineticist Brink Eksteen, Sally Wesson, and TRAIL magazine founder Deon Braun.
Quick info Port Elizabeth Trail Clinic 2018:
- Date: Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 October 2018
- Duration: 6:30am register for 7am start to end no later than 3pm (with a short break for lunch)
- Location: Baakens Valley, Port Elizabeth. Venue TBC.
- Entries: Early bird rate before midnight 31 August.
- Entries close: Midnight on 21 September 2018.
- Early bird: Book before midnight 31 August 2018 for R1,599, and you’ll go into the draw to win a pair of Brooks Cascadia 13 trail shoes worth R2,399 or an Addo Elephant Trail Run 44km entry worth R800.
- Bookings from 1 September 2018 are R1,899 for the single seat option.
- Book two or three seats and save on the per seat rate.
- Bring: Trail shoes, trail apparel, track suit, fleece jacket, comfortable social clothing, toiletries, towel, sunblock, and a cap.
Win Brooks shoes!
Being enlightened and inspired is not all that will happen. Just by entering by the early date (31 August), and then attending both days of the clinic, you could win the new Brooks Cascadia 13, the newest version of the company’s top-selling trail running shoe. It’s worth R2,399.
The Cascadia is Brooks’ most versatile and beloved trail shoe and the Cascadia 13 is the best model yet. Brooks refined the stability system to be more flexible, allowing you to feel more agile on the trail without sacrificing the cushioning and protection you’ve come to love from the Cascadia. Buy the Men | Women models online.
If the Cascadia is not your best option, you can swop it out for a different model Brooks trail shoe of your choice to the same value. Choose from the Caldera, Mazama, or PureGrit.
If you win the shoe in the draw at the end, you’ll be refunded for your prize, or you can choose to keep both. Ain’t life sweet!
What you get:
- A fun, interactive, life-changing two days!
- Eight high quality talks and practical demonstrations that will blow your mind, and re-jig your thinking.
- Draw to win one pair of Brooks Cascadia 12 trail shoes worth R2,399!
- Draw to win an Addo Elephant Trail Run 44km entry worth over R800.
- A whopping 20% discount on Brooks products through Trailbusters.
- A Brooks goodie bag with Brooks head tube.
- Three TRAIL back issues of your choice.
- Dirty Boots 2017 edition booklet.
- A shoe assessment from a shoe sales professional at Trailbusters retail store.
- Knowledge about injury prevention, as well as an evaluation from a professional during the class if you request it.
- Usable tips and tweaks that could save you lots of frustration, injuries, money, and time.
- Meeting experienced trail runners and coaches who share what works well for them.
- Ingredients to make your own race food in a fun (and delicious) practical session.
- Tasty nutritious lunches, smoothies, and snacks to take with you on our two runs, with practical demonstrations to incorporate into your own life.
- Professional photos taken available to you after the course via Facebook.
See you on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October 2018!
Comments from other clinics
Thank you for an amazing Trail Clinic in Cape Town, loaded with info and tips from experts in the field of trail running. My wife and I learned so much from every speaker.
Devon Coetzee equals dynamite! Wow, what a workout! We loved the fact that this professional biokineticist (trail runner himself) put a strengthening programme together, which focused on our “trail running muscles”. Ouch!
Sean Tait, what a coach! I will recommend you to any trail runner out there. Great workout and valuable advice!
From an injury point of view, the exercises and lecture from physiotherapist Chris Allen, made it so much easier to understand why we get injured and how to prevent it! And how to nurture it – especially when you feel fine and want to go for a run, but rather should NOT!
To Deon and Heloise, thanks for all the big and small pleasures, and many laughs (Fareed, you as well!). We had a great time. Can’t wait to dive into my new copy of TRAIL magazine! Deon your advice on nutrition, books and the tasty and healthy smoothies made with NuZest products were great!
And to Brooks, a HUGE thank you for my new pair of trail running shoes! If you see someone gushing down the boulders, in a new pair of PureGrit 4s, it’s me – implementing my new knowledge and testing my new gear!
Michael and Bernette Cotter, Stellenbosch (attended January 2016 Clinic)
Dit het my verwagtings oortref. Ons sê dat jy is nooit te oud om te leer nie,maar dit het ek die naweek net weer besef, dit is ‘n waarheid. Ek het met groot verwagting na die kliniek vertrek en in alle opsigte is my verwagtings oortref. Van af die oomblik dat ek daar gekom het tot ek daar gery het was ‘n belewenis.
Dankie vir jul manier om almal welkom en op hul gemak te laat voel,die positiewe energie wat van jou en Heloise af deurkom is fantasties en jul sprekers was absoluut puik. Elkeen het ‘n besondere bydrae tot jul naweek gemaak.
Ek het baie geleer en baie uit dit geneem en my eie doelwitte vir Trail Running het ‘n hupstoot ontvang en mik ek na verseker nuwe groter uitdagings.
Deon jul het verseker ‘n wen resep beet en ‘n great span en ek glo dat jy besig is om mense se lewens te verryk en daarmee baie geluk.
Ek sal nog my gedagtes laat gaan oor voorstelle en vir jou laat weet, op die oomblik geniet ek nog net die lekker van wat ek beleef het. (Dear reader, don’t read/speak Afrikaans? Sies! But no worries, Google Translate is your friend.)
Groete, Lukas Van Vuuren (attended Cape Clinic November 2016 in Stellenbosch)
Thank you to ALL OF YOU for making the weekend one I will treasure always – I left having learned so much about trail running, my strengths and the areas I can improve in, made new friends/contacts/future besties, connected with very humble heroes (in my opinion) and have also uncovered some deep insights about what motivates me (thank you Kevin Light!). I look forward to many new adventures connecting and engaging with the trails and with some of you too.
Christine Barrow, North American Academy for Sport Fitness Professionals (NAASFP) Certified Marathon Coach (attended Cape Clinic November 2016 in Stellenbosch)
Such a great TRAIL magazine #CapeClinic this weekend! So cool to be apart of it, meet new people, and learn from other like-minded individuals. I feel inspired to not only improve my running, but as a person and in life too! Thanks Deon Braun, Heloise Hunter, Nic De Beer, Sean Tait, Chris Allan, Kevin Light, Devon Coetzee, Grant Bryant from RUN, and Brad Player and Dennis Hines from Brooksrunningsa for sharing your passion and knowledge of trail running!
Jan Ham, Jnr (attended Cape Clinic November 2016 in Stellenbosch)
This will be advised in due course.